To develop ethical leaders inspired by the principles of Love, Honor and Truth.
To foster the personal growth of each man’s mind, heart and character.
To perpetuate lifelong friendships and commitment to the Fraternity.
The following is our vision as mapped out through our national fraternity:
Leadership in Action
Sigma Nu transforms society through the commitment of its members to the Fraternity’s founding principles, leadership and ethical living.
Sigma Nu’s organizational structures and internal operations provide for the effective deployment of resources to deliver an unmatched level of service to its constituents.
Sigma Nu is continually increasing its membership and capabilities as it creates and capitalizes on new markets and opportunities that support the Fraternity’s mission.
Sigma Nu enhances the experience of its members and builds a sense of community in a way that generates a desire to invest time, talent and treasure in the development of both the organization and its future members which is recognized by all as a contribution to the greater good.
Our Strategic Imperitave and Goals
Sigma Nu will assist its chapters in achieving organizational excellence.
- The Fraternity will continuously provide programs, support and education, including best practices, for collegiate chapter officers.
- The Fraternity will continue to promote the improvement of chapter performance toward excellence, as measured by the Pursuit of Excellence Program.
- The Fraternity will identify, qualify and prioritize recolonization and colonization opportunities based on optimal campus and Rock Chapter criteria.
- The Fraternity will improve its programs to ensure that members of Alumni Advisory Boards are recruited.
- The Fraternity will continuously ensure that each chapter has an Alumni Advisory Board that proactively advises and supports the chapter.
Excellence Through Education
Sigma Nu will assist its members in ethical leadership development and in achieving personal growth.
- The Fraternity will offer effective, innovative and technologically advanced ethical leadership development opportunities through the LEAD Program.
- The percentage of chapters meeting or exceeding the all men’s GPA – or achieving a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale – at their respective institution will increase to 67%.
- The Fraternity will militate against hazing and those who perpetuate, enable or tolerate hazing; the Fraternity will undertake appropriate disciplinary action for individuals and/or chapters in response to incidents of hazing and will communicate such consequences to appropriate constituents.
- The Fraternity will develop and implement a sexual misconduct awareness and prevention program by June 30, 2015.
- The Fraternity will continue its efforts and support initiatives of others to prevent the misuse of alcohol and other substances; the Fraternity will undertake appropriate disciplinary action for individuals and/or chapters in response to incidents of alcohol or other substance misuse.
- The Fraternity will provide opportunities for members to become involved in community service and philanthropic endeavors to foster the development of servant leaders.
- The Fraternity will honor, preserve and make accessible its rich historical heritage to educate and inspire its collegiate and alumni members.
Sigma Nu will preserve and further its reputation as an organization devoted to excellence.
- The Fraternity will promote its legacy as The Legion of Honor and the only men’s Fraternity founded in direct opposition to hazing.
- The Fraternity will increase internal and external communication efforts through various media.
- The Fraternity will develop a comprehensive technology strategy that enables and supports the Fraternity’s operations and delivery of member value.
- The Fraternity will encourage and support its collegiate and alumni members to positively influence the Greek community and other communities through leadership and engagement.